About Us

My photo
Lower 48, United States
Long Haul Truck Drivers and the World That Surrounds Us.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hung Up In Huston


Well, this really isn't the view we have currently, however, it is the correct sky line. Houston Texas!

We've been here for a little bit now due to an unplanned yet very needed repair.

Our transmission was FALLING off. Not due to any negligence on our part. Just sometimes screws work their way out of being screwed in...in the end leaving us a little screwed. We've been here since Monday morning...it's now Wednesday afternoon.

We've had several meals at Denny's (conveniently located in the parking lot of the hotel we are in). Had Domino's pizza. And watched some awful TV. How can a hotel NOT have the Sci-Fi channel. If they had that...I'm sure we'd be much more entertained. ((By the way skip seeing the movie "The Watchmen." Dr. Manhattan was really what kept me involved...but other than that i could have skipped the experience.))

Randy is getting a little board, Deja was sitting in the carrier as if to say "let's go." However, any time it seems like we are leaving Voodoo hides! I've been reading a lot. Just finished The Psychic Warrior by David Moorehouse. And now I am well into my second reading of Brother of the Third Degree.

Being stuck this long is a bit much...we don't make money sitting here that is for sure. And we both could think of @ least 50 places we would rather be...Houston in the summer ....HHHHHHOOOOOOTTTTTTT!!!!

hot hot hot...and humid....not our gig.

We found a pool here (they didn't tell us about it) I have no swimming suit...but since my underwear and bra cover more than most swim suits...I think we will go cool off!

Tonight we might venture across the freeway for a steak dinner and a movie.

Ya see there are wonderful parts of trucking and then the not so fun stuff. But we are together, safe, and relatively happy. Which is much better than what could have happened if we didn't put the truck shop. If we would have neglected to take care of this issue...to put it bluntly I wouldn't be here any longer, nor Randy, nor the cats.

Happy to be alive,
Happy to be hot even,
as long as I am here!!!!
And with the man I love,
Terrilynn

Uh oh...Randy just found Criss Angel on TV...looks like swimming is put off for a bit...I'll pour some wine and expand the mind! Finally some thing worth watching! I am sure it will still be hot in a little bit!

No comments: