About Us

My photo
Lower 48, United States
Long Haul Truck Drivers and the World That Surrounds Us.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A little personal discovery...


Just a quick little note...we got back into Portland Oregon today for a little home time. We're staying in a hotel till we can solve our lack of housing...I drove ALL night...and could not sleep when Randy took over!

However...the moment I got in the car...rolled the windows down...put in the beloved Greg Brown in the CD player at top level...smelling the forest air...driving down country roads...I remembered how much I truly love driving. It's different when the road is open and you can go really fast really quickly. When you get to do it because you don't have to.

How many other things do we have that we do A LOT but miss the pleasure in? May be that kiss from a lover...becomes...ordinary. Cooking dinner becomes routine. Grocery shopping a pain in the a**. Taking care of the pets, doing laundry, getting ready for work.

But who would I be if these things you could not do them any longer?

I get to really look at these things lately.

When ever we get home...what I desire the most is time with people whom I love, a great home cooked meal, a SHOWER, a couple glasses of wine, and now believe it or not...a good little drive. And... maybe... a massage!

I would love to integrate that level of delight I had on that country road...into my daily life, on the road, and off. Find that magic in wonder in ALL that I do!

Before enlightenment...chop wood and carry water.
After enlightenment...chop wood and carry water.

ah...so true.
Maybe some day I will get the enlightenment!
But until then...I am definitely walking toward it! With all my might!!!

Kiss Kiss,
Terrilynn

PS Randy is watching Malcom in the Middle...laughing the Randy laugh...and I am truly delighted in this little thing!

No comments: